Most homeowners are aware of where the dust and dirt lie in their ho me s and are diligent about regularly cleaning. However, there are are as that tend to be forgotten about when it comes to care. Air ducts, dryer vents and fireplace chimneys that do not get regular care can put families at a great risk for danger. Coit Cleaning Services brings over 65 years of experience to homeowners.
• Air ducts are the main culprit in our homes for the cause of allergens
• Don’t forget about expensive drapes that may be hanging near air ducts, they collect a surprisingly large amount of dust
• Change your HVAC filters monthly to prevent build-up
Did You Know?
The same dirt found inside your vacuum bags and canisters is the same dirt found in your air ducts
Remember : Clean elevated places regularly. Places like ceiling fans and above doorways collect as much dust as any other surface.
Professional Cleaning Schedule
DRYER VENTS: every 12 months
CHIMNEY SWEEP: every 12 months
AIR DUCTS: every 24 months
• 15,000 home fires every year in the U.S. are a result of clothes dryers
• Last year, Coit cleaned over 10,000 dryer vents
• From a typical home, about a half pound of lint is removed from the dryer vent after cleaning is complete
If clothes are taking too long to dry, lint is falling out of the dryer when removing clothes or the exterior flap barely opens when the dryer is running, your dryer is clogged. New dryers will prompt you to clean out the vent before running a dry cycle.
* Clean chimneys have no risk of catching fire
* By using seasoned woods, smaller structures, hotter fires and not burning things like cardboard, paper, trash or the leftover Christmas tree, fires can be prevented.
A fire may have occurred in your chimney if you see puffy or honeycombed creosote, creosote flakes or pieces on the roof or ground, cracked or collapses flue tiles or tile with large chunks missing, discolored or distorted rain cap or cracks in the exterior masonry.
Coit Cleaning Services
For help on finding these hidden dangers in your home contact
(856) 566-0700 | Coit.com| Serving South Jersey
Published (and copyrighted) in Suburban Family Magazine, Volume 9, Issue 6 (August 2018).
For more info on Suburban Family Magazine, click here.
For information about advertising in Suburban Family Magazine, click here.
To find out where to pick up your copy of Suburban Family Magazine, click here.